Co-UDlabs workshop on “Urban Drainage Metrology Toolbox”
During the next SPN 10 – Sewer Processes and Networks international conference to be held in Graz, Austria on 24-26 August 2022, our partner INSA Lyon is organising a pre-conference workshop on 23 August on “Urban drainage metrology toolbox” for developing best practices applied to measurements and monitoring in sewer systems and urban drainage.
The participants in the workshop will:
- Be briefly informed about the Co-UDlabs project and its main activities related to monitoring and metrology.
- Discover the Urban Drainage Metrology Toolbox (UDMT), its objectives, specifications, and applications, with a demo presentation followed by questions and answers. The UDMT is developed by INSA Lyon within the Co-UDlabs Work Package 6. It will be accessible in the second half of 2022 as a free online web application. UDMT will include 5 main applications based on advanced and automated algorithms and user-interfaces developed with Matlab, providing figures and output files, for:
- Sensor calibration and surrogate sensor correlation
- Raw data correction from sensor calibration functions
- Data validation methods
- Uncertainty assessment of measurements
- Processing data of tracing experiments
- Learn the basics of the methods implemented in the UDMT (most detailed information is available in Chapters 7, 8 and 9 of the IWA open access book “Metrology in Urban Drainage and Stormwater Management: Plug and Pray”).
- Invited to be member of the UDMT Early Adopters Group to be launched during this workshop: members will have the opportunity to test the UDMT in the period September – December 2022, report their experience, suggest improvements and new evolutions, be part of the UDMT users’ community, contribute to the dissemination of the UDMT, provide examples of case studies, etc.
All SPN 10 attendees who are interested in using new tools to monitor sewer systems are invited to register at this link.
Last but not least, we invite you to complete this survey to help us examine what needs are being articulated for more sustainable urban stormwater management in regulations and policy documents from these seven countries, as well as the Co-UDlabs proposal, using the same analytical framework!