Co-UDlabs industrial workshop: Capacity problems and flow rate determination in pressurised systems
Deltares, a partner in the Co-UDlabs INFRAIA project, has held — on Thursday, November 17, 2022, at 10:00 CEST — a one-day course on “Capacity problems and flow rate determination in pressurized systems”.
With more than 50 participants, the webinar ”Capacity problems and flow rate determination in pressurized systems” targeted practitioners who are either designing, building, or managing wastewater pressure mains. The following subjects were addressed in the course:
- Basics of (multiphase) hydraulics in pressurized systems
- How to determine the performance of a pressurized system and to detect capacity problems
- Different sources of capacity problems and how to identify them
- The effect of air/gas pockets on capacity, energy consumption and what remedies are available
- Methods to detect the presence of air/gas pockets
- Several relevant case studies
These techniques and knowledge are the results of continuous research done at Deltares on pressurised systems design and operation. this expertise is also based on significant experience derived from a large Dutch Joint Industry Project on CAPacity losses in WasteWATer (CAPWAT) initiated by Deltares, TU Delft, and a selection of industrial parties in the period 2003-2010.
The webinar was freely accessible on Teams. If you could not attend live, please consider watching the webinar’s contents in the videos below.